ASK THE LAWYER: Can I just tell my family how I want them to divide my estate? | Business



DEAR JEFF: I don’t really want to have a formal will drawn up, and I don’t want to try to do it myself. Can’t I just tell people how I want my estate to be divided after I leave?

My family all trust each other, and I’d rather we talk about it and leave it at that. Thank you, “Good enough for me”

This page requires Javascript.

Javascript is required for you to read premium content. Please enable it in your browser settings.

kAmkDEC @? 8ms62C “v @@ 5 t? @ F89 u @ C | 6” ik ^ DEC @? 8m pE @? 6 E:> 6[ :E H2D =682= 😕 %6I2D [email protected] 92G6 2? @C2= H:== W42==65 2 ?F?4FA2E:G6 H:==X] w @ H6G6C[ E96J @?=J 2AA=:65 [email protected] [email protected]?2= [email protected] [email protected] C62= 6DE2E6X[ 2?5 H6C6 @?=J FA96=5 😕 G6CJ =:>:E65 4:C4F>DE2?46D W925 [email protected] 36 >256 5FC:?8 E96 [email protected]’D =2DE :==?6DD[ 2E 9:D @C 96C [email protected]>6[ 6E4]X]k ^ Am

kAmp7E6C a__f[ @C2= H:==D 2C6 [email protected] [email protected]?86C [email protected]?:K65 😕 %6I2D]k ^ Am

kAmkDEC @? 8mstp # ytuuik ^ DEC @? 8m w @ H 5 @ x C6G @256 2 H: == = @? 8 28 @ W 😕 E96 `hg_DX[ 3FE x’G6 492?865 >J >:?5 @? D6G6C2= @7 E96 [email protected]=6 ?2>65] % 92?

[email protected]?8ms62C “(:==7F=”ik^[email protected]?8m %96 62D:6DE H2J [email protected] [email protected]=G6 [email protected] [email protected]=6> 😀 [email protected] D:>A=J >2<6 2 ?6H H:== E92E 244FC2E6=J C67=64ED [email protected] 4FCC6?E H:D96D] % 96? 6H H: == D6CG6D E @ C6G @

kAm * @ F 42? 2 = D @ 56DEC @ J E96 @ = 5 @? 6[ 3FE E96C6 >2J 36 [email protected]:6D @7 :E 😕 E96 [email protected]:@? @7 72>:=J >6>36CD[ H9:49 [email protected]=5 [email protected]?E:2==J 4C62E6 2 [email protected]=6>]k ^ Am

Jeffrey Bates is licensed to practice law in the state of Texas, but is not certified in any specialty area by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization.

This section is intended for general information and educational purposes only, and neither this section nor the transmission of a legal matter by electronic mail constitutes the creation of an attorney / client relationship between the reader and Jeffrey Bates and / or Southern Newspapers Inc. For specific advice regarding legal matters relating to you, consult a lawyer.

To submit a question, email it to [email protected], or by regular mail to Ask the Lawyer, 101 S. First St., Lufkin 75901, or call 639-2900.



Leave A Reply